The 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette, and the LT2 V8 under its hood, are the result of nearly 70 years and eight generations of technical evolution. It’s that long evolution that lets the LT2 crank out 495 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. But, no matter how many years of heritage the C8 has behind it, it can’t outgrow one fundamental issue: blow-by.
The LT2 shares the same direct-injection fuel system adopted by its predecessor, the LT1. While direct-injection is fundamental to the LT2s performance, it’s also what leaves it open to carbon buildup and detonation caused by blow-by. Without fuel washing over the intake valves, oil and carbon can build up, preventing proper combustion and robbing your C8 Corvette of power. Luckily, Mishimoto has the solution to protecting your Corvette’s LT2 and keep it running strong for generations to come.
This direct-fit catch can kit diverts oil, fuel, water, and carbon away from the engine’s intake and valves to help prevent carbon buildup and misfires. This catch can features large ports to let your 6.2L V8 breathe, while the internal baffle and bronze filter ensure the LT2 inhales nothing but clean air. The 3-fluid ounce catch can is supported by a 2.5mm-thick steel bracket that mounts the can in an easy to access location for ease of service. This kit includes two direct-fit hoses with pre-installed quick-disconnects to make installation a breeze. Like all of our catch can kits, this 2020+ Chevrolet C8 Corvette direct-fit catch can is backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of protection.
- Direct fit for 2020+ Chevrolet C8 Corvette ( COUPE ONLY )
- Includes direct-fit hoses with pre-installed quick-disconnect fittings
- Durable 2.5mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can out of the way of other engine components and isolates it from engine vibration
- 3 oz. capacity for longer service intervals
- Large ports ensure adequate flow
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filters and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty